- https://blog.irontec.com/voip-y-la-guerra-por-el-crecimiento-horizontal-con-el-trio-docker-kamailio-y-asterisk/ (spanish)
# cd kamailio
# git checkout -b 4.2 origin/4.2Binaries and packages will be uploaded at:
v4.3 introduced as well several new variables, here we touch few of them.
$var(name) is an old variable, storing the value in private memory, being persistent per process. It is very fast when used in operations (no looking needed), therefore popular across config files. One of its property is that the initial value is 0 (no need to initialize it explicitly) and setting it to $null results in resetting it to value 0.
Requested by community, a new variable class $vn(name) was introduced in v4.3 by pv module, which has the properties of $var(name), but it holds ‘null’. Setting it to 0 requires explicit assignment ‘$vn(name) = 0′ and setting it to ‘$null’ no longer resets the value to 0, but to ‘null’.
The pv module added $sbranch(key), a class of variables that allows to manage all the attributes of outgoing branches, including the first branch corresponding to request URI. It is like a temporary container where to store the attributes before pushing them to the branches. A set of three functions come to help in these operations: sbranch_set_ruri(), sbranch_append() and sbranch_reset(). An use case that is possible now can be setting the Path of a branch (next hops till final destination), including the one for R-URI branch.
Related to XAVP variables, a function named xavp_explode_params() can be now used to take the names and values of a parameters string and add them as XAVPs.
The rr module introduced variables to get the direction of the request – $rdir(name) will return ‘downstream’ if request is from caller to callee and ‘upstream’ if the request is from callee to caller.$rdir(id) is the variant to return 1 for ‘downstream’ and 2 for ‘upstream’. From the same module come $fti and $tti – the From and To tags as for the initial INVITE transaction, no matter of direction for the request. For example, using in config (e.g., as htable key) the dialog 3-tuple identifier (call-id, from-tag, to-tag) is now simpler, no need to care anymore about the direction of the request.
Presence or other IMS modules are among the components introducing new variables, you can see the full list of variables available for Kamailio v4.3 at:
# cd kamailio
# git checkout -b 4.3 origin/4.3Binaries and packages will be uploaded at:
- f_malloc (aka fast malloc) – the one mostly used as default for stable releases
- q_malloc (aka quick malloc) – the one more suitable for memory operations troubleshooting
make installIt will enable the debugging mechanism as well, that can be disabled by using MEMDBG=0.If you start using it, do provide us feedback about how it performs, because it helps to assert its relevance and stability. Also, do not hesitate to start a discussion if you have questions or suggestions via the sr-dev mailing list.Have a great summer!
- main website (www.kamailio.org)
- wiki portals
- mailing lists (lists.sip-router.org)
- git mirror (git.kamailio.org)
- Short about the benefits/flexibility:
- python is by default installed on OSes (including Mac OS X) (as opposite to Lua, for example)
- became rather fast since Google invested in it
- lot more knowledge base and developers out there (as opposite to Lua or Perl), along with tons of extensions
- implementation is based on a CLI framework (Click) that makes it extremely easy to add new commands in a plugin-like fashion, therefore is easy to have custom commands when having specific needs (e.g., managing a custom database table used in kamailio.cfg via sqlops => add a new cmd_xyz.py in commands subfolder, without touching other files, not even the config)
- help message is embedded in the command code file, making it easier to document commands
- easy to validate parameters as well as format the output
- handling kamcli configuration file options is also easy (ini format)
- subscriber management (kamctl add/rm/passwd…)
- user location management (kamctl ul …)
- database querying (kamctl db …)
- statistics (kamctl stats …)
- mi commands (kamctl mi …)
- jsonrpc commands (not in kamctl)
proper ‘what is new’ list of features.Testing didn’t reveal new issues in the recent past as we run in two servers with live traffic. If you have issues with 4.3 branch, be sure you report them on Github tracker:
git checkout -b 4.3 origin/4.3Notes about installing Kamailio from this branch are available at:
One week before and we are ready to welcome the guests of the 3rd edition of Kamailio World Conference & Exhibition.The content is filled with excellent technical tutorials in the first day and vast range of hot topics covered during the two conference days — Kamailio, SIP, WebRTC, Asterisk, Sems, JsSIP, Performance and Traffic Monitoring, OpenStack, Kazoo, Erlang, Cloud PBX, OTT or VoLTE are among them.We are honoured to have an impressive list of speakers, from those that are involved in building the communications, able to share their expertise from deep technical aspects to market needs and business perspectives.Over all, the event has grown continuously from its first edition, special thanks to our sponsors : FhG Fokus, FhG Forum, Asipto, Sipwise, sipgate, Simwood, Obihai, Matrix, Digium, Tyntec, NG Voice, CoreNetDynamics, Pascom, VoiceTel, 2600hz and VUC. They made possible to host the event at a very nice location in the city center of Berlin and be able to bring a consistent number of experienced speakers.This is an event you must not miss!Looking forward to meeting many of you next week in Berlin!
# cd kamailio
# git checkout -b 4.2 origin/4.2Binaries and packages will be uploaded at:Kamailio World 2015 next week!
all the content of the event (workshops, conference and social event) is free, but you will have to take care of expenses for traveling and accommodation. Write a short description about your interest in real time communications and what is the university or the research institute you are affiliate to.Also, if you are not a student, but you are in touch with some or have access to students forums/mailing lists, it will be very appreciated if you forward these details.More information about Kamailio World is available on the web site: